(New) Collector v18.1.0 - Features disappearing from the map after adding...

12-19-2018 08:46 AM
PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

Using the new Collector app on several different iPads and iPhones, newly added points disappear from the map. When switching immediately back to Collector Classic, the point is there. So, it seems the data is safe, but this certainly makes the new Collector unusable until this is resolved.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

8 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Paige -- I haven't seen this. Could you give some information about that data you are using, or even better share the layer and map with Collector4ArcGIS (add the map and layer to a group, and invite that user to the group)?

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

My data is using subtypes and domains. Has this long-existing Esri functionality been excluded from the new Collector application testing?

RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

We've also experienced this. This happens occasionally, while adding a point. The point feature is stored on our arcgis server in a postgresql database. It's shared out as a feature service. We haven't seen this issue at all in the old collector app, just the new one. 

We have found that if you close the program out and reopen (this may also work with just reloading), the point shows back up. So ours also remain intact, but renders the program somewhat useless. 

Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

I got a call this morning from some mobile field workers who just began using the new Collector app last week (1/20/2019) with this very same issue. Again, with the old "Classic App" we never experienced this problem either. The troubling issue for me back in the office however is that these points do not exist in the feature table. It is as if they were never collected. Robb Hodges‌ When you say close out of the program and reopen are you meaning to have the mobile workers close the app and at second look the points appear for them? Are they then having to resubmit? Or what has your experience been?

We're feeling that we also will have to go back to the Classic App for the time being. I'm really not wanting to because I also have an arcade expression that is being used on the feature service that isn't visible in the old app, only the new collector.

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

So the when the field worker closed the app out completely (swiped up and closed it out), then reloaded the entire application, the points would show up. They did not have to resubmit the points. The initial collection was being stored in the database, but was just not visible on the map. 

Since then, I removed the feature service from the map, and then added it back. Now everything seems to be working fine. 

JordanMiller4

Another solution is to entirely remove the Collector for Arcgis app and install it again. 

0 Kudos
CecileNovel
New Contributor

I also had this happen with a map using the new app. The field worker submitted points offline and then synced when back in service, but now the data doesn't show up in our database. Any help you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
TitoSanchez1
New Contributor

I had this issue come up and narrowed it down to Collector not liking my layer definition queries I set up in ArcMap prior to uploading to AGOL.  I usually get an error message stating that def queries are set when I analyze the data prior to uploading but for some reason it didn't pop up. I went back into my ArcMap session, deleted all definition queries that existed in all of my layers in the TOC and re-uploaded to AGOL and that did the trick. Good luck, I hope this helps.

0 Kudos