New Collector MDM App Config Issue

01-15-2019 11:49 AM
JustinRoberson
New Contributor III

Has anyone attempted to use the application configuration options in AirWatch (or any MDM) with the new Collector release? We've successfully used the portalURL configuration key for Collector Classic, Explorer and Workforce so that the portal URL is preloaded for the end user. When doing the same with the new Collector, it appears to be attempting to reach the ArcGIS Portal Directory (e.g. https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/sharing/rest) rather than the sign in screen. Please see the attached screen shots showing the error in Collector and how we have things configured in AirWatch. We have configured this in the exact same manner with no issues for all of the other Esri apps that support this type of configuration key, so this seems like it may be a bug with the new Collector. Jeff Shaner Kylie Donia

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesBusch
New Contributor

Did you ever get this to work? I'm trying to accomplish the same thing with MobileIron. Works fine on the Android app, but not on the iOS app.

0 Kudos
JamesBusch
New Contributor

I take it back, got it to work, had to use portalURL and string like you did. Maybe they fixed this in a newer version since you posted?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

All,

I realize this is an older post, but FYI a new technical paper is now available, New Technical Paper: ArcGIS Mobile Apps & Mobile Device Management (MDM) Support 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JamesBusch
New Contributor

Thanks Derek, great article. We have a couple of deployments of Collector and Explorer to Windows laptops via the Microsoft App Store. However, I don't see Field Apps in the Microsoft Store and all of the documentation I can find indicates it is only for Android and iOS. What is the migration path for Collector and Explorer deployments to Windows PCs via the Microsoft store?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JamesBusch,

> ... I don't see Field Apps in the Microsoft Store and all of the documentation I can find indicates it is only for Android and iOS. What is the migration path for Collector and Explorer deployments to Windows PCs via the Microsoft store?

Please review this blog, Deprecation Notice for Explorer, Collector, and Tracker.

There's a question/answer that addresses your question.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos