New Collector App Issues

02-21-2019 01:47 PM
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if there is a location to view known bugs or features being worked on for the new Collector App?  I'm using the iOS version of the app, by the way.

I've come across a few issues, but don't know if I should report them or if they are already being worked on:

- Feature symbology doesn't seem to update when changes are made from other devices accessing the same feature layer, unless you reload the map in Collector.  For example, I deleted some features from an AGOL web map, but those features still show in my Collector map until I reload the map.  No amount of panning or zooming in and out seems to help.

- There is no way to disable the blue location avatar on the map, like you can in Collector Classic.  This avatar gets in the way often.

- Updating polygon vertices is an EXTREMELY painful process in the new Collector app.

These are just a few off the top of my head.  I really like the new Collector app and would love to see continued improvement to it.  Thanks, and don't stop now ESRI!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Brant,

Definitely report issues, even if we know about them, the more we hear about it, the more it helps with prioritization of the work we do.  Anyone else reading this, if you are experiencing the same, let us know.

For seeing the up to date status of the data in your map, make use of the refresh interval for the layer in the map.  You can set the interval in the Mapviewer.

I will pass on your other comments with regard to the blue dot and polygon editing to the team.

Thanks again for the feedback, it really helps us focus on what is needed.

Mark

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mark,

Messing with the refresh interval did indeed solve my issue with the features not updating.  Thanks for the Tip!

Also appreciate you passing along my other feature request type comments.

Where is the best place for other feature requests to be posted?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Brant,

You can always post a new Idea on geonet or add to existing ideas.  Also, on the about page of all Esri apps there is a feedback link that e-mails directly to the team.

collector4arcgis@esri.com

0 Kudos