Map download failed, Unable to download map. The operation couldn't be completed. Failed to create replica. Failed to create replica.

08-15-2019 11:19 PM
TT
by
New Contributor II

I need help resolving this error:

Map download failed, Unable to download map. The operation couldn't be completed. Failed to create replica. Failed to create replica.

Failed to create replica

I have a number of feature classes in an SDE which I am using to produce layers in a feature layer in portal. This layer is used in a Collector map for offline use. I have previously had this offline map working fine, I have been able to sync offline edits back to the database. 

It does not use versioning. All feature classes have globalIDs, archiving and editor tracking enabled.

Today I enabled attachments, however, on these feature classes. I have checked the relationship class properties between attachment tables and feature classes, all have GlobalIDs as the origin primary key and REL_GlobalID as the origin foreign key.

There are no issues editing these layers in the online version of the Collector map, including adding attachments. Those edits upload immediately without issue. I get the above failure to create replica, issue, however, when trying to take the map with the same feature classes offline. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

If you are using Collector 18.1.0 (iOS) or newer I would recommend enabling logging through developer tools. 

1. Open Collector and tap on your Username in the top right of the screen.
  2. In the drop down menu tap three times on your Username.
  3. A 'Developer' option will appear at the bottom of the drop down menu. Tap on 'Developer' and enabled the 'logging' option.
  4. Attempt to reproduce the error message and review the logs.

If I understand correctly the error messages states that the create replica operation fails. I suggest attempting to perform the create replica operation at REST on the same feature service used in Collector.

You can access the create replica operation from the feature service REST endpoint.

Example URL: https://<host>/<site>/rest/services/<folder>/<serviceName>/<serviceType>/createReplica

ArcGIS RES API - Create Replica

If I remembered correctly I've listed the only required fields below with examples. 

Replica Name: Test

Layers: 0

Geometry: geometryType=esriGeometryEnvelope&geometry={xmin: -104, ymin: 35.6, xmax: -94.32, ymax: 41}

I hope you find these suggestions helpful.

Thanks,

Thomas.

TT
by
New Contributor II

Thanks. This was solved simply by publishing again. 

0 Kudos