Map Areas not displaying in Collector

Jump to solution
08-29-2019 01:58 AM
MarioQuinones
New Contributor II

I'm having trouble with oflline workflows for Collector for couple of days now.

I work in north east Nigeria and therefore need to download maps ahead of time for field workers marking potential mine fields. I've created an AGOL webmap and then create the Map Areas. However, when I open Collector I see the webmap with the editable layer but not the predefined Map Areas. I'm able to access the webmap, the download option is available but the I don't see the Map Areas anywhere in the application.

I'm not always in the office where the the fieldworkers are located. Therefore, I require a method to remotely create and share Map Areas which the field workers will use to conduct marking surveys.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or solutions would be welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Using preplanned map areas is not supported in the released version of Collector on Android. It is supported in the released version on iOS, and is in beta on Android. You are welcome to join the Android Beta and try it there... Join the Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test and be able to provide feedback in the forum. Once you’ve joined, visit “Getting Started” to access available beta releases.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Which version of Collector are you using?

0 Kudos
MarioQuinones
New Contributor II

Hey Pete

I'm using Collector 18.03, build 1033 on an Android device.

I've also checked on our Trimble T10 running Windows and the problem persists as well worsens because the feature layer for data collection isn't recognised by Collector application for Windows.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Using preplanned map areas is not supported in the released version of Collector on Android. It is supported in the released version on iOS, and is in beta on Android. You are welcome to join the Android Beta and try it there... Join the Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test and be able to provide feedback in the forum. Once you’ve joined, visit “Getting Started” to access available beta releases.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos