Layer will not load using Portal

Jump to solution
10-10-2017 10:19 AM
KellyPilarski
New Contributor III

We have not successfully been able to use collector. The maps show up in the program , but the layers will not turn on or load. The layer is visible in the layer menu, but does not allow you to click the check box to turn it on. Portal MapLayer added

0 Kudos
13 Replies
KellyPilarski
New Contributor III

I appreciate the effort !

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

http://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000013297 

I found this article ^ not sure if it applies exactly to this situation since you can see the map, just not the layer but it could be worth a shot!

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

This may or may not be relevant but it looks from the connection that you're using in your screenshot that you're publishing a traditional map service with feature access enabled directly to the ArcGIS Server site behind Portal.  In Tiffany's screenshot she is publishing a hosted feature layer (indicated by the My Hosted Services string in the connection) directly to the Portal.  The workflow for doing this is described here and is slightly different from the way you are doing it as it involved signing in to Portal within ArcMap - it took me a while to get my head around this.

http://server.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/publish-features.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_94021BE7D875474681D...

I'm not saying this will necessarily fix your issue with Collector but it might explain why you're not seeing the editing settings in the Portal content item for that service. I think that there are additional criteria that need to be met for your feature service in order to be able to use in Collector.

Hope that helps a bit

Gareth

0 Kudos
KellyPilarski
New Contributor III

The issue ended up being that port  6443 was not allowed past the firewall, therefor all external connections like Collector were not seeing data that was trafficked through the SQL server on 6443. We did not notice this right away due to the fact our feature layers that were not on SQL server were coming through just fine. 

0 Kudos