Labels not showing in Collector Map

Jump to solution
07-30-2014 07:35 AM
RichardAbram
New Contributor III

I have a published map on ArcGIS Online with labeling turned on for 1 feature class.  I can see the labels in the map in ArcGIS Online but the labels do not display when viewing the map in Collector.  Is this a limitation of labeling?

40 Replies
AndrewBartell
New Contributor II

I couldn't agree more.  This disappointing thing is that this is an old thread, and the problem still exists.  

0 Kudos
ECECGIS
New Contributor II

How can ESRI create something as useful as an offline map and then say Collector "doesn't support labeling". This is the exact kind of thing keeping people from adopting ArcGIS Pro. ESRI will willingly distribute & market an incomplete & faulty product, even though they have almost no serious competition. 

AndrewBartell
New Contributor II

I couldn't agree more.  Glad to see I'm not the only person with a lot of frustration with not being able to label features in Collector.  

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Everyone,

As Russell previously commented above, labeling is now supported in the Collector-Aurora beta version that is available for testing right now. Currently the beta is only available for iOS, but Android and Windows will be coming as well.

I would recommend to request access to testing the new Aurora beta version of Collector with your labeling by emailing collectorbeta@esri.com. You will also have access to our Early Adopter site where there is a forum that you can share your feedback as well.

Again, please refer to the following blog post - https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis/blog/2017/09/06/the-auror... 

"Rich symbology and smart mapping capabilities you rely on to effectively represent your spatial information and publish using ArcGIS Pro will look great in Collector.  In addition, it will support displaying labels in your map, the top idea you’ve asked for in Collector."

Thanks

-Kevin

0 Kudos
CaitlinChristenson
New Contributor II

I assume this is still in beta? Please get this patch out to Collector ASAP!

Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Caitlin - The iOS version of Collector that has labeling is released. Android is still in beta, and Windows is starting development later this year.

Esri Education Team
CaitlinChristenson
New Contributor II

Thank you! Do you know when (rough estimate) it will be available for Android?

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

We are targetting an Android release of Collector by the end of the year.

Esri Education Team
PeterMilenkovic
Occasional Contributor

Has this been implemented yet?

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Label is supported at current Collector iOS/Android. 

0 Kudos