Issues with ArcGIS Collector App For Androids

06-25-2015 08:03 AM
AlbertoMillan_Melendez
New Contributor II

Updating Hosted Feature Services in ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS Blog

Hi,

I make some changes in the definition File (New Field with domain Values), and the changes works Fine on IOS ,But on Androids did not work. All the Androids Phones have the last Version of Collector..If some one has the same issue ,please let me Know.. Thanks

Updating Hosted Feature Services in ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS Blog

0 Kudos
6 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Is there an error message or do the change not show up?

AlbertoMillan_Melendez
New Contributor II

No Error Message was shown When updating the JASON. In IOS Devices the changes worked,but when trying to see the changes on Androids Devices the feature service was corrupted.The domain values doesn't work.

Thanks,

Xander

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I assume you checked with JSONLint - The JSON Validator. if the json was valid. I guess, sometimes it is just better to take the long way (change the source and republish the data).

AlbertoMillan_Melendez
New Contributor II

Exactly, that was what I wanted to avoid, Because that web map that has the feature service (Collector) that i modify, is the source (Web Map) of Operational Dashboards and Web apps which have Widgets with special querys configured.And if I publish another feature service,the item id changes and i have to configure all the widgets an querys .

I am very grateful for your interest and suggestions about my situation,

Thanks ,Xander

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Alberto,

Is this a hosted feature service on ArcGIS Online that you could share? I would like to take a look at the changes you've made to see if anything stands out.

Additionally, there is a bug with ArcGIS Online discussed in this thread: Re: Collector map not downloading which could be related to the issue you're encountering, since you're updating the service definition JSON.

Thanks,

Scott

AlbertoMillan_Melendez
New Contributor II

Hi Scott,

Yes, the Feature service is hosted on ArcGIS Online, i am going to make a screen capture to the statement  that i write on the JSON .I dont know why on Androids Devices doesnt work, because on IOS works perfect.

I am very grateful for your interest and suggestions about my situation,

Thanks , Scott

PD,

And Thanks for The Link for the discussion ,  i am going to check on that

0 Kudos