is there a way to track when a site is visited using collector app? label or color changes on the map or other indicator?

08-16-2017 08:20 AM
SiranErysian2
New Contributor III

when a value is entered in the field when data is collected at the site, can this be reflected in the map so field worker knows that this area was visited?

4 Replies
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

I also have this question.  I enabled editor tracking on a feature class, published it to AGOL in ArcGIS Pro, and made it available to Collector.  I was hoping to figure out how to symbolize the layer in AGOL based on the last_edited_date field being null or Age > x.  Unfortunately date fields seem to go to the continuous color ramps, not classes.  If you try to change it to Unique Classes, it wants to use the date field as a basis for creating new features.

I tried adding my own field "DateVerified" and in Pro I can symbolize on that being Null or "all other values", but it depends on the field person filling in that field in Collector.  Using the last_edited_date would be cleaner.

Kevin
0 Kudos
SiranErysian2
New Contributor III

Reply from Micah:

Sure. Just create a field in your dataset called something like Visited_YN. Create a coded value domain where the values are:

• 0: "Not Visited"

• 1: "Visited"

Apply that domain to the field and symbolize your layer off of that field in ArcMap. Populate the field according to which sites have been visited. Then, publish that map as an editable feature service. Your field workers can flip that value from not visited and the symbology should update either in real time or as your field workers sync their edits if they are doing offline editing. Remember to enable Sync on the feature service and the web map if they will be editing offline.

Micah

Siran D. Erysian, M.A., GISP,

Research Analyst II – GIS

Department of Water Resources

3374 E. Shields Ave, Rm. A-1, Fresno, CA 93726 (559) 230-3312

Siran.Erysian@water.ca.gov

0 Kudos
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Siran,

Sorry for deleting it - I wanted to repost under my different GeoNet account but I had difficulty doing that. Glad that solution will work for ya.

Micah

0 Kudos
SiranErysian2
New Contributor III

Someone else had a similar question and I thought I forwarded your response to him but I guess it all goes to the same place. Is your response up there now?

Siran D. Erysian, M.A., GISP,

Research Analyst II – GIS

Department of Water Resources

3374 E. Shields Ave, Rm. A-1, Fresno, CA 93726 (559) 230-3312

Siran.Erysian@water.ca.gov

0 Kudos