Is there a maximum number of web maps Collector can list in its Maps index?

06-26-2017 02:34 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I have created some new Web Maps and they are not showing in the All Maps, My Maps, or via the Groups link lists in the Collector app.  We are troubleshooting some layer access issues in Collector used on Windows 10 tablets and laptops, and the test Web maps are not showing in the map lists. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay -- Have you verified that the new maps have an editable layer in them? Also, are you logged into Collector as the same user that made the maps, or as a different user? If a different user, you'll want to make sure the maps are shared with a group that user is a part of. Sharing them with the organization won't get them to appear.

Esri Education Team
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kylie -- Thank you for the quick reply.  I believe the service published on ArcGIS for Service 10.4 is editable, (see screen capture), but I am new to publishing.  The mxd was created by another author, which I opened in Desktop 10.5, and then I published this service as a test.  I am the author of the web map, and I did make sure the map was shared in a group I am a member of.  The map opens fine in ArcGIS Online.  I still don't see the web map in Collector.  We also experiencing issues with not seeing layers in Collector on Windows 10 laptops and tablets.  iOS devices are not given us the same problem.  I placed another question in GeoNet on that topic, but no replies.  It has been quite frustrating, as we have field crews trying to collect data on tablets, and cannot.

We also experiencing issues with not seeing editable map layers in Collector on Windows 10 laptops and tablets.  iOS devices are not given us the same problem.  I placed another question in GeoNet on that topic, but no replies.  It has been quite frustrating and going on for two weeks.  I have an escalated ticket into Esri support help.  We have field crews trying to collect data on Windows tablets and cannot.  I thought I would ask you just in case you could help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you invite me to a group that has access to the map, and send me the map name? AGOL user name kylie_nitro.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos