Is it possible to control sorting of the maps and groups list in Collector?

05-03-2017 05:55 AM
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

We are setting up groups for each building on our campus and naming them by building number and building name (0024 Natural Science).  I would have assumed that in Collector, groups would be sorted by alphabetically by group title but the sorting appears to be arbitrary.  Does anyone know how Collector sorts the list of groups, if at all?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

Ended up reaching out to Esri support that confirmed this as a bug:

I hope this email finds you well. This is Archit from ESRI Support Services and I am writing in reference to the case number 01938538 .I have taken ownership of this case and will be working with you to reach a resolution.

I understand that you are facing difficulty with the order in which Groups are displayed. As per my understanding and test done, I believe "Collector for Android" sorts the groups in Alphabetical order/Ascending order. However, Collector for iOS fails to do so. It sorts the list randomly. Hence, there has already been an Enhancement request submitted  for this issue. 

The BUG reference number is "#BUG-000102854: “Group listings do not show up in alphabetical order in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS."

0 Kudos