Is Collector compatible with a Trimble R1 GNSS receiver using the Trimble Viewpoint RTX correction service?

06-30-2015 02:30 PM
AmandaRenner
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if you can use the Trimble Viewpoint RTX correction service with a Trimble R1 GNSS receiver and Collector?  I'm having trouble finding any documentation on it.  Trimble mentions that it is compatible with all of their data collection apps like TerraFlex but I'm not seeing any other non-Trimble software on the list.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
45 Replies
AmandaRenner
New Contributor II

Thanks Miaogeng - Do you know if this is something that will be added with future releases of Collector?

0 Kudos
LeaDyrholm_Hansen
New Contributor III

If a company needs the data measurements instantly, because the positions are used in related workflows right after the measurements have been performed, how would you then do the transfer of data?

1. Data measurements from the Trimble Rover are streamed via the Trimble controller directly to the database.
  2. The Collector App receives the data measurements from the Trimble Rover.
0 Kudos
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

As long as the device that you have collector loaded on has an internet connection you should be streaming your data directly back to the office.  One thing to remember is publish your feature service in WGS84.  As long as collector recognizes your rover then collector understands Trimble rover location.

LeaDyrholm_Hansen
New Contributor III

Thanks Mark, so that means that it works in 'the same way' as using the GPS in the mobile device. I'll try it out. Do you also know if is possible to use a Trimble Rover with Collector?

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

By Trimble Rover are you talking about a Trimble R Series receiver?  If so yes we have connected our Trimble R8 RTK rover with our android devices and collected High Accuracy single baseline correction GPS using our statewide VRS network.  We cannot connect the R8 to the IPAD though.  Just remember to download the Trimble GNSS status app to get the RTCM correction functionality.

LeaDyrholm_Hansen
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot Mark. This was very helpful

0 Kudos
DanAllen

Mark,

How did you connect your R8 to android bluetooth/collector?  I tried connecting our R10 to android.  It pairs in bluetooth and shows up in the Trimble GNSS status app, but it fails and gives an error message when I try to select it as the receiver in the Trimble app.  Is there some sort of configuration?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

No it would just show up in the GNSS status app and I could connect.

0 Kudos
DanAllen

Did you setup some sort of bluetooth connection first to your R8 using Trimble Access, or did you simply just select the R8 in the Android bluetooth list and pair with it?  It doesn't make any sense that the R8 would work, but the R10 wouldn't.  I must be missing something simple.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

Dan

Did you go into android developer options and allow mock locations.  Don't think this would make a difference.  I do also have trimble rtx installed on my android phone that I had set up prior to testing the R8 for other purposes.  That would be the only things I can think of.  My workflow Bluetooth connection to R8 through android bluetooth.  Go to GNSS status and connect.  I tried it with a Leica GNSS receiver and I could bluetooth, but it would not connect through GNSS status either.  Sounds similar to what you are running into.  Not sure what would be causing this.

0 Kudos