iOS Collector not downloading or displaying layers from 10.3.1 ArcGIS for server

10-24-2015 10:28 AM
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

Is anyone else experiencing issues when trying to use feature services on ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 with the iOS version of Collector (v10.3.5)?  I originally thought the issue might have been with ArcGIS server (see Missing Layers).  However, I've since been able to test on the Android version of Collector (v10.3.4) and feature services from our 10.3.1 ArcGIS for Server work just fine.

This is a somewhat urgent issue for us as approximately 95% of workforce (~100+ devices) are iOS devices and this is preventing us from completing our migration to ArcGIS for Server 10.3 from 10.1.

Thanks,

Jade

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JadeFreeman

We did experiment with that but felt that connecting to ArcGIS server to publish features became extremely buggy.  Also, when services were published they were registered with portal automatically which was nice but they were registered under the user account who published the service but they still had to goto portal to actually share the service.  There just didn't seem to be that many benefits.

The biggest issue however was the licensing impact.  We are dealing with a 50 user portal license while we have close to 200 hundred users consuming services thru various mobile applications. 

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Will iOS Collector have issue if the server is federated? This info will help narrow down the issue.

0 Kudos
JadeFreeman

I don't know and unfortunately I don't have the capacity to deploy a new test system that can be federated with Portal. 

I do know that the Android version of the application does not have the same behavior.  When it receives the token required message, it will display a login dialog and use the entered credentials to retrieve a new token which it then supplies to the secured service which seems like the correct behavior.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri Support​ can set up the test environment in house and try to reproduce the issue. Maybe this is related to the combination of Server and Portal both in Active Directory configuration but they are not federated.

0 Kudos