Invisible features in Collector in offline mode?

06-08-2015 03:19 PM
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

I have multiple devices using the same map in offline mode, sometimes some features will not be visible when others in the same feature class are visible. This could cause someone on one device to miss important information. If you tap where the feature is meant to be displayed then it will be selected and you can use Edit to change the geometry, you just can't actually see the symbology. Anyone seen this before? We're on Android using features hosted in Server.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you set scale dependency on the feature layer? Does the symbology work fine in other device?

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

The visibility is controlled by scale, but I'm within the right thresholds for the features to be visible - e.g. 5 polygons in the same feature class should be visible but I can only see 3 of them. If I take the device back online then all the features are visible. Something about offline mode is causing certain features to not be displayed.

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

Apparently this bug affects Android and iOS and has been bumped up to critical status within Esri.

0 Kudos