I created a new map in AGOL and it won't show up in Collector. How do I get it to sync?

05-16-2016 08:17 AM
AbbieKessler
New Contributor

We have struggled with this issue before and cannot get a map to sync with collector. I need this map to add points in the field and dragging down to refresh the map list doesn't work. I've logged in and out, tried it on a different device, changed the share settings in AGOL, and messed with the map settings, but can't get it to show up in Collector. I need help figuring out what setting I am overlooking to get all maps to show up in collector.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Abbie,

Have you gone through all the steps listed at this page:

Create and share a map for data collection—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
AbbieKessler
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I have done everything on there. I unchecked routing to be safe, but it didn't change anything. The steps imply that it will just magically be in collector. When I search for the map in the search box under all maps, nothing shows up. I can't figure out what setting is checked/unchecked somewhere preventing it from showing up. I think we had this problem before, but my coworker can't remember what he did to make it finally appear in collector. Other maps do just show up so my guess is that something must have changed in the account.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Is it possible that it is a permissions issue? Is the collector map shared publicly (as well as all the data within the map)?

0 Kudos
AbbieKessler
New Contributor

I have kept it within the organization and shared it and all layers. Neither way works. The layers are all editable.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi -- Are you trying to access the map using the same account you used to create it? If not, did you share it with a group that both accounts are a member of?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AbbieKessler
New Contributor

I logged in to both collector and AGOL with the same account.

0 Kudos
AbbieKessler
New Contributor

I don't know what I finally did, but both maps I was playing with finally showed up in collector. Thanks for all the suggestions.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Glad to know it all works properly now!

0 Kudos