How to QC data collected in collector in arcmap and publish back

09-08-2017 04:29 AM
VaL
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have the following setup:

A webmap in Arcgis online. This uses some layers and is shared with collector. Users go out in the field and add points, lines and polygons. Like this

I then can export the collected data as FGDB and use in Arcmap desktop. I do some QC and more often than not there are errors and I fix them.

The problem: How do I get the QCed data form the FGDB back to AG online/collector?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
VaL
by
New Contributor III

Zdravo (Hi) Zoltane,

I am using 10.5.1, but this env setting is not something I use. Creating local copy for editing a hosted Feature Service Feature Class doesn't seem to use it either. 

What I want is for someone to confirm if this 

will download attachments or not.

The other strange thing I noticed is that if I try to create a local copy on a very small extent, it takes 2-3 minutes and no attachments are downloaded. If I try to get the full extent ~11x8 km, with a ~5000 features across 27 layers, it starts but never finishes (at least not is 3 hours). ArcMap is not responding and is using a lot of network bandwidth. Local FGDB seems to reach 3.88 Mb in size and stops growing.

Has anyone seen this? Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
zkovacs
Occasional Contributor III

I don't think that tool maintains attachments at all.

I had a similar experience in Pro (2.0), where the size of the FGDB did not grow until all the data was copied from AGOL. There must be a temporary place (but couldn't find it) where it stores the data until it's being flushed into the GDB at the end.

0 Kudos
VaL
by
New Contributor III

It seems so. But since no attachments are downloaded, and the resulting FGDB is ~5 Mb, it seems arcmap do some more checks on the attachments.

It would be nice someone from ESRI to elaborate.

0 Kudos
VaL
by
New Contributor III

One more question here:

After I did 1st data edits and sync/ed back to AGOL there is some more data added.

Is there a way to only create a local copy of only the new data next time I need to edit/QC?

0 Kudos