how to include mappers from outside my organisation in collector or Fieldmaps

Jump to solution
04-29-2021 06:16 AM
GIS_NLPV
New Contributor II

Hi,

I work for an nature protection authority and want to include mappers  from outside my organisation. But the Group of mappers should be restricted. An invitation would be the best.  So a puplic Map is not an option. (Beside that; i have not found an option to work with puplic maps on the collector. And how "puplic" are these maps? I have not managed to find a puplic testmap without the direct link to the map with my non-work account.)

My experience is, that i make a map, share it within a group in my organisation and they can work with it in the collectorapp.

But i can not invite users without an organisation. Can i only achive this, when I give out accounts or they pay for an esri-oganisation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Basically, your assumption at the end there is correct. You cannot give outside users access to your content via field apps without the appropriate user type, which needs to be paid for.

For outside users, it's possible to use other interfaces, such as Survey123 or a mobile-friendly Web App in order to collect data.

Unfortunately, there's no way to share a map / layer to specific users outside of your org without it being generally available to the rest of the public as a whole. If they belong to some other organization, you could try creating a Collaboration, but that's about the only other way, short of adding more user types.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Basically, your assumption at the end there is correct. You cannot give outside users access to your content via field apps without the appropriate user type, which needs to be paid for.

For outside users, it's possible to use other interfaces, such as Survey123 or a mobile-friendly Web App in order to collect data.

Unfortunately, there's no way to share a map / layer to specific users outside of your org without it being generally available to the rest of the public as a whole. If they belong to some other organization, you could try creating a Collaboration, but that's about the only other way, short of adding more user types.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
GIS_NLPV
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the  Suryey123 App for a possible solution.

0 Kudos