How does a feature service that will be used for editing in Collector Web Map link to Versions?

04-11-2018 09:35 AM
JakeFiedler
New Contributor III

I am attempting to update attribute information on a feature, I would like the edits to be pushed to my version in an enterprise environment.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jake,

In ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, when the map author connects to an enterprise geodatabase - they will connect through a version. When the map is published/shared from either ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro as a feature service, the feature service will be accessing the geodatabase content through the version that was specified in the connection.

When you create a web map (which is used by Collector for ArcGIS), and add a feature service - edits from Collector will be submitted through the version accessed by the feature service.

Hope this helps,

JakeFiedler
New Contributor III

Thank you, Derek.

I did some testing and my edits did not show up when I opened it in Arcmap, any thoughts?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jake,

If you could provide more context it would help:

- Did you publish a feature service based on data in an enterprise geodatabase to an ArcGIS Server site?

- Are you using ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS to "store" your web map that references the feature service?

- When you tested to see if you could view your edits, did you already have ArcMap open with the map doc? If so, did you refresh the version view?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos