How do I upload a map from ArcGIS Online to use in Collector for ArcGIS?

Jump to solution
04-18-2017 02:08 PM
deleted-user-rqN42KX6-Rcs
New Contributor III

How do I upload a map from ArcGIS Online to use in Collector for ArcGIS? I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10 and Collector states I have to upload a map even after I've signed in to ArcGIS Online. My screen is blank and doesn't give me any option to download other than from hard drive, not online.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I got the image, and had some additional discussion with Matthew through email. To summarize here: Yes, it is the "We could not sign you in as" message and state that is the culprit. There is a bug where that appears, and when you click the "sign in" option it doesn't really work. So you aren't really signed in, and as such, won't see your maps. I had Matthew try signing out and then signing back in, so that he was really signed in, and now he can see his maps.

And yes, this bug with the message and not really signing you in is one that is going to be fixed with the next release.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt -- When you log in to Collector, you'll see all the maps that have an editable feature layer. This includes those you authored and those shared with groups of which you are a member. Do you have a map with an editable feature layer that your ArcGIS Online account has access to?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hi Kylie, I work with County Government and we have several maps with editable feature layers both authored by me and shared with groups I belong to. I can access everything on an iPhone but I need access via the Surface and hopefully via a Windows phone.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I'm logged in on the Surface, yet nothing appears on my screen.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

To verify, using the same account in Collector on an iPhone you do see the maps?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Sorry for the delay... yes, same account.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

No problem. Are you able to sign in on ArcGIS Online in a browser on the Windows machine, and when you do, do you see the maps you see on the iPhone?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Yes I can sign in on ArcGIS Online in firefox, edge, and chrome all on the Microsoft Surface and see the same maps as on the iPhone.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you share what the screen in Collector looks like for you? If you'd like, we can take this to email and then sum here what we find. kdonia@esri.com

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I shared my Collector screen last night via email but I'm not sure if it went through. Another note: when Collector opens I receive the message, "We could not sign you in as ... Please sign in again." and have the option to "Sign In" or "Work Offline." When I select "Sign In" I am receiving the same error message as others,"You are not connected to the internet", though I have internet access via my browser(s). I'm assuming this is probably the reason why I have a blank screen. Can this be addressed before the upcoming release of Collector on Windows (slated for early May)?

0 Kudos