hide a layer in the collector layer list

11-07-2019 11:59 AM
SFM_MickieSmith
New Contributor III

I created a feature class to feature class relationship for the Collector mobile app. Is there a way to hide the related feature class layer in the collector layer list?  When you click on the + to begin entering data in collector, the symbology/layer list displays both the parent and the child feature classes.  I want to hide the child feature class so the user can not enter the child record without entering the parent record first. Is this possible?  If so, how can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

If you don't want to see the child features, you'll want to have the "Show Related Types" setting off. This is disabled by default, but it is an app setting (not a map setting) so perhaps it is on in the app for you?

Here are details on accessing the setting: Configure Collector—Collector for ArcGIS | Documentation (the steps focus on enabling it, as off is the default, but in your case, you'll want to make sure it is off)

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
SFM_MickieSmith
New Contributor III

Kylie -

Thank you for your quick response. Your suggestion worked.. I tested your suggestion using both the old (Android) and new collector (iOS) because we are using both applications. However, I have one concern with this method... The field user can change this setting which can cause the parent record from being captured. In the future, could this be changed so we can set the setting at the database or map level so we can control this at a higher level instead of at the field (mobile) user?

Thanks again for the solution..

Mickie Smith

0 Kudos