Hi, we are testing out Collector and ran into couple questions

08-21-2014 09:33 AM
YichiLiu1
New Contributor III

Hi, we are testing out Collector and ran into couple questions:

1. This is more like an ArcGIS online issue. I cannot add feature service that is hosted on our own server to the ArcGIS online map. The Error message says "The layer, [layername], cannot be added to the map". I am sure that this layer is available and I can view it in "ArcGIS.com Map". I found this article (“Error: The layer, [layername], cannot be added to the map.” | Support Services Blog), but unfortunately it did not solve my problem.

2. Though I prefer to use my own server, just to test the collector, I have published feature service use ArcGIS online. But I am having hard time downloading the map for offline use. It always stops half-way through the download with the error message: "Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. "

Anyone knows how to solve these issues?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TorDale_Fort
New Contributor II

I have been having the same problem and haven't worked out how to fix it. It's been a while since you posted this, have you had any luck?

Thank you

0 Kudos
YichiLiu1
New Contributor III

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. But, I am still having issue with the first problem. I have tried to add our own service to ArcGIS Online using a trial account and that worked. So, I don't know if there is anything wrong with my organization's account. Was going to call ESRI later and find it out.

As for the second issue, I published another map used the exact layers and settings. But I was able to download the new-published map.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
TorDale_Fort
New Contributor II

Thanks for getting back to me. I managed to get my map to download eventually, but i basically had to do nothing other than create the feature service, i couldn't change the extent or anything. That seemed to be causing it to fail.

Hope you got your first issue sorted!!

0 Kudos