Here is one for the monitors.........Collector on an iPad sends sync failure notices to my admin email. How did this occur??

Jump to solution
06-10-2020 05:53 AM
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

This is a really neat feature as it gives me a heads up on field issues, but have no idea how this ever was set up and why none of the other devices we have in the field do not do the same. I have obviously toggled some obscure feature on in one of the various apps, online, the iPad, in Collector but cannot find it.

Any ideas??????

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

So, it appears that our field staff are very resourceful and have identified workflows in the Collector app, or at least the iOS platform that allow them to send the sync error to whomever they choose.

When a sync fails it is identified in red font, tap the more options button, select the View Sync Error button, at the top  right of the popup dialog box that shows the error info is the upload button, select that, which opens another dialog box that provides various options, one of which is to email the sync error to whomever.

And there you have it! Viola!!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Oh! I knew this was a feature in Quick Capture, but didn't realize it was possible in Collector! I'd love to know how to set this up as well. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Right?? I have and do use webhooks in Survey 123 to notify me when there has been a new entry but that is about the extent of my experience with web to email notifications.

Hope some or at least one of the gurus has input to this question. The Esri application resources are great but exhausting when looking for something specific.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

So, it appears that our field staff are very resourceful and have identified workflows in the Collector app, or at least the iOS platform that allow them to send the sync error to whomever they choose.

When a sync fails it is identified in red font, tap the more options button, select the View Sync Error button, at the top  right of the popup dialog box that shows the error info is the upload button, select that, which opens another dialog box that provides various options, one of which is to email the sync error to whomever.

And there you have it! Viola!!!