Has deeplinking from Collector to Survey123 stopped working for anyone else on iOS?

Jump to solution
12-18-2016 11:59 AM
Guidovan_der_Kolk2
New Contributor III

We have a webmap that we use from Collector to open up a Survey123 form. It seems to have stopped working on my iPad. It still works when I open the webmap in Explorer on iPad. It also still works from both Explorer AND Collector on Android. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Collector for ArcGIS 10.4.2 is now available in the iTunes store. This version includes a fix to the deep-link capability.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Guido,

This was a known issue in Collector 10.4 and should have been fixed with the 10.4.1 version of Collector (released Friday) - have you upgraded the application to that version?

0 Kudos
Guidovan_der_Kolk2
New Contributor III

Yes I have. As a matter of fact it was working fine for me until the update, so it seems it might actually cause the issue. 

0 Kudos
MarkSlaten1
New Contributor III

Hi James and Guido,

When I upgraded to Collector 10.4.1in iOS, I lost all ability to link to my Survey123 forms in Collector - I realize that there was a bug with the 10.4 release that did not allow the "deep" link to automatically open Survey123, but that bug did not seem to get fixed in this new 10.4.1 release - it actually made things worse.  This should be fairly easy to replicate from the ESRI side?

Mark

Guidovan_der_Kolk2
New Contributor III

Not only should it be easy to replicate, I think ESRI should have a look a their testing policy. For us this is critical functionality that got broken. We'll be falling back to webapps or Explorer for the time being, but are not at all happy with that.

BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue, the problem is being seen on all iOS devices. I see it on my iPhone and iPad and the devices of multiple field crews we have out working on a project.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi all,

We have verified the issue in Collector.  As a workaround, a link that is in the attribute table now works (that functionality was broken previously).  We will be working on a fix as quickly as we can.

0 Kudos
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible for you to supply the older version so that we can get field staff who updated the application back working again?

0 Kudos
MarkSlaten1
New Contributor III

Brian,

I feel your pain and need to do the same (restore v 10.4 on the iOS devices).  I figured out a way to do it through iTunes if this is any help to you - some of these steps maybe overkill, but I wanted to be sure that I was able to grab the correct older version of Collector and install it:

1) Grab an iOS device that has the older version of Collector on it (10.4)

2) On your PC/Mac - delete all older iTunes backups (you can google how to do this)

3) Plug the iOS device with Collector 10.4 into the PC/Mac and open iTunes

4) Find your iOS device in iTunes and select "Manually Backup and Restore" - "Back up Now"

5) After it has finished backing up, disconnect the iOS device from the PC/Mac

6) Grab all of the iOS devices that had installed Collector 10.4.1 on them and remove the Collector application from the device.

7) Plug in each device into the PC/Mac and open iTunes

😎 Find the iOS device in iTunes and select the "Apps"button on the left - find "Collector" and select "Install" - this will install the backup copy from step 4.

9) Select "Done" on the bottom of the iTunes screen, and it will automatically install the older Collector version.

10) Voila - you should now be running a version of Collector that works with Survey123.

I am going to try my best to get on the beta test group for Collector, and I would suggest you do the same.  Our business process/function is so heavily reliant on Collector that I live in fear of each version update 'breaking' things - like what just happened with this release.  Good luck to you, and I hope that you did not lose too many field hours trying to fix this issue.

mark

0 Kudos
AmitKokje3
New Contributor III

As a quick fix workaround, I deployed a simple WebAppbuilder App with same web map. The survey 123 custom URL link configured in the custom attribute popup. The app provides geographical interface with selectable features. Survey 123 can be launched through attribute popup. 

Only downside, WebApp can not work offline as Collector do. But it provides an intermediate solution, until ESRI fix this issue. 

0 Kudos