Has anyone used a Leica GS15 receiver with Collector?

03-14-2017 09:14 AM
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

I'm using an Android smartphone for Collector (Samsung Galaxy S5). The phone pairs via bluetooth just fine with my receiver but Collector is still showing my location to be about 15 feet off from where it is. Yes, I told Collector to use the receiver and not the internal/phone location GPS chip. TIA

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alice. Are you using the same login credentials for your RTK reference network on both the receiver and the NTRIP app?

When I had the same issue as you, I had to get separate login credentials. One login for my GS15 receiver and another login for the NTRIP app.

I’ve also included screenshots of my settings here for you. Hope this helps!

MTorres

0 Kudos
AliceBreault-Germain
New Contributor

Hi again!

Thank You for the prompt response and for the screenshots!

I thought the GS Receiver was getting its RTK reference from the Bluetooth connection with the smartphone/tablet but I am understanding is that it is not since you are using another login credential.

When I tested the connection, I used a Raw TCP/IP connection so I had no login credentials. I used the reference table below for the IP adresses/ports and selected the Data Stream format accordingly.

I will try using different login credentials to see if it fixes my issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

You're welcome Alice Breault-Germain. I used RTCM3_MAX for the Data Stream, but that may be my local setting. How did it work out for you using the two separate logins?

~MTorres

0 Kudos
AliceBreault-Germain
New Contributor

M Torres Good news! I am now receiving NMEA sentences when using a Raw TCP/IP connection for both the receiver and the NTRIP app. I can validate that the information on NTrip Client App by Lefebure is correct because I see the same data on the collector and the tablet (see attachment). 

My goal is to collect high accuracy point with either ArcGIS Collector or Survey123 so I enabled 'Mock Up Locations' on my Android tablet so that the NTrip Client data can be used by those apps. However, I can not seem to access all the data from the NMEA sentences (vdop, pdop, hdop, etc).

Did you also face this issue?

0 Kudos
JaredTaylor
New Contributor III

Did you make sure you set up a location profile for the unit in your profile in Collector? This is a setting above where you select an external GNSS Unit. This is an important step so that the transformation from the NMEA stream translates your position into WGS84 web Mercator which is what the Esri basemaps use. It sounds like this may be what you are experiencing. Just something to be aware of.

0 Kudos