GPS Not Working in Collector (Android) on XSLATE D10

07-13-2016 02:21 PM
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

The GPS blue dot in Collector updates correctly for a brief time whenever I open a map in Collector and then freezes after several seconds. This is on an Xplore XSLATE D10 tablet running Android 5.1 and Collector 10.3.7.  If I switch to another app and then come back to Collector, or if it turn the GPS off in Collector, wait a few seconds, and then on the GPS again, the blue dot appears to start working and updating, but then freezes again after the same brief time interval. This happens regardless of whether I am working with an on-line map or an on-device map, whether the Android Location mode is set to High Accuracy or Device only, and whether I have an Internet connection or not.

In other applications on the device, such as Google Maps, the GPS works just fine.

Has anyone else encountered this problem in Collector?  Anyone have Collector working on an XSLATE D10? Is there some setting we are overlooking somewhere?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

This particular device and GPS do appear to work with Collector beta (10.4.0 build 1021), albeit with a significant, several second lag of the blue dot being updated on the screen.  I have initiated a thread in the Collector Beta Forum for further discussion on this.

0 Kudos