Got Collector with offline going but having two issues.

05-08-2014 11:44 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III
Got Collector up and running on a simple map with one points, lines and polys feature service hosted by our in house ArcGIS Server.  Have attachments, editor tracking turned on.  Got all my global ID's setup.  Got everything setup, checked for "offline editing".

Couple issues:
1)  I can't seem to edit any features, either connected or offline, with my LG G2 Verizon Android phone.  Every time I click the point, line or poly feature that I want to create, the app force closes.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app always with the same force close results.

2)  On devices that are able to edit (create, delete, update) features, such as our iPad an my coworkers lg g2 verizon android phone, we are able to do all edit operations if no photo attachment is created.  If we do add a photo attachment, submit, and then try to sync our changes (when offline) an error is thrown stating that there was an error syncing.  However, if I look at the actual feature service, the edits do in fact make it to our SDE database, including the attachment record.  Not sure why we get the sync error.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Have you been able to repro the crash on any other Android devices?

For the sync failures can you enable debug logging on the server and send me the logs when you try to sync a feature?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Have you been able to repro the crash on any other Android devices?

For the sync failures can you enable debug logging on the server and send me the logs when you try to sync a feature?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ,
In terms of the crashing... no.  I've only tested it on three Android devices, two LG G2 Verizon and one Samsung Note 10.1.  My G2 is the only one that crashes constantly right after I click a feature template to start editing.

For log see attached screenshot.  Would you like more fine grained log?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
1)      Can check to make sure in the GDB that attachments are configured properly (globalids + NV archiving)
2)      Are you seeing this error every time time they sync where the upload an attachment? If so, can they send the debug server logs?
3)      What DBMS are they using? What is the release info (GDB release, sever release �?? all 10.2.2?)

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
1)      Can check to make sure in the GDB that attachments are configured properly (globalids + NV archiving)
2)      Are you seeing this error every time time they sync where the upload an attachment? If so, can they send the debug server logs?
3)      What DBMS are they using? What is the release info (GDB release, sever release �?? all 10.2.2?)

Thanks
Russ

1)  Global IDs... check.  Archiving enabled on non versioned feature dataset... check.
2)  Yes, every time we sync.  Can edit with attachments when in "online" mode just fine.  When in offline mode, sync when attachments are present = fail.  Yet, we do see the data + the attachment make it through to SDE.  See my previous post for server log.  We get the same server log entrys every time we try to sync an edit that has attachments.

3)  Oracle 11.2.0.2  11g. SDE 10.2 (not 10.2.2).
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are these logs at debug level?
To enable the debug logs you need to go to serverurl/arcgis/admin then login as admin and go to the log option and edit settings and change the log level to debug and click save. Then try to do the post with attachment workflow and see what information you get back.

Russ
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Also are you using server 10.2.2 ?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Also are you using server 10.2.2 ?

Thanks
Russ

Yes, using server 10.2.2. 

See attached for debug level log at time of sync error.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
This morning I setup all new feature classes with all the appropriate settings (global ID's, none versioned archiving, attachments, editor tracking).  I created an MXD, published the MXD with feature access (with sync enabled).  Created a map in AGOL, added the feature service, shared the map, enabled offline mode.  Pulled the map up on Collector.  Downloaded the map.  Added a point feature with picture attachment.  Synced the map.  Error syncing.  Same error as above. 

The test point feature did make it back to our database but the sync won't complete on the device without throwing that error.  Not sure what else I can try or do.
0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor
This morning I setup all new feature classes with all the appropriate settings (global ID's, none versioned archiving, attachments, editor tracking).  I created an MXD, published the MXD with feature access (with sync enabled).  Created a map in AGOL, added the feature service, shared the map, enabled offline mode.  Pulled the map up on Collector.  Downloaded the map.  Added a point feature with picture attachment.  Synced the map.  Error syncing.  Same error as above. 

The test point feature did make it back to our database but the sync won't complete on the device without throwing that error.  Not sure what else I can try or do.

Try removing editor tracking  from the feature dataset. Last I found was that is not supported on disconnected editing.
0 Kudos