Getting this Error “Unable to resolve host “XXXXXXXXXX”: No address associated with hostname

02-06-2018 12:49 PM
County_of_HawaiiDepartment_of_
New Contributor

When trying to download the offline map, I get the following error message. “Unable to resolve host “XXXXXXXXXX”: No address associated with hostname. Using Android 5.0.1.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What kind of internet connection are you using on your mobile device? Can you open the map in Collector without downloading it and see the layers?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Everything works great in Collector if online, just having a problem with downloading for off-line use.  Using Verizon 4G.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting. So using 4g when you're accessing a Collector map online works, but trying to download it fails? Can you reproduce this on a different map? Are you using ArcGIS Server Services available outside of your internal network?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Here is some more information:

We are set-up on a reverse proxy, using Portal 10.4.1 that is federated and using a SQL server. The basemap is the only outside service that we are using and has been configured per ESRI’s documentation. No other issues using Web Apps in Portal or other services. 

My original error was the token error with the basemap, once that was configured correctly I started getting the subject error after about 50-75% had been downloaded.

Haven’t tried making another web map but have tried different published map services with the same results.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using a separate reverse proxy or are you using the ArcGIS Web Adaptor? Are the URLs you are using in your map over the web adaptor/reverse proxy url or the internal URL over 6443?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

We are using a separate reverse proxy that uses the reverse proxy URL.

0 Kudos