Feature layers ask for credentials when downloading web map for offline use

Jump to solution
03-04-2020 02:13 PM
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

I created some feature layers from Analysis -> Use Proximity -> Find Nearest. I added the resultant feature layers to a web map and then tried using that web map in Collector.

I enabled sync on these feature layers so that my web map could be used in offline mode. They were also shared with the appropriate groups.

When I go to download the web map in Collector (for Android, version 18.0.3, build 1033), it prompts me to enter credentials for these feature layers. I tried entering credentials, but they didn't work and the map failed to download.

My work around was to create hosted feature layer views of the feature layers that were created from the Analysis tool. When I added the views to the web map, I was no longer prompted to enter credentials.

Any ideas why these layers created from Analysis prompt for credentials?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimmyKnowles

I opened a case w/ Esri technical support, but the issue seems to have resolved itself. Newly published feature services do not exhibit this behavior. I'm going to chalk this up as a temporary glitch that affected all newly published feature services for about a week (3 March to 10 March). If I do hear anything back from tech support on why this happened, I'll update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JimmyKnowles

Well, now this is happening to a normal feature service. I just published a simple feature service, added it to the same map and when I try to download a map, it prompts me for credentials for that layer.

I also added it to a new map where that is the only layer in the map, still prompted for credentials.

I tried the workaround of creating a hosted feature layer view, but that also prompted for credentials. 

This isn't happening on iOS or on Windows.

Anyone else seeing the Android version of Collector prompt for credentials to download a layer?

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles

I opened a case w/ Esri technical support, but the issue seems to have resolved itself. Newly published feature services do not exhibit this behavior. I'm going to chalk this up as a temporary glitch that affected all newly published feature services for about a week (3 March to 10 March). If I do hear anything back from tech support on why this happened, I'll update.

0 Kudos