Failed to Create Replica in Collector

08-11-2014 05:04 PM
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

I have finally gotten Collector to work "connected" but the disconnected editing seems to be the holy grail.  A lot of things had to be fixed 1st.  Upgrade geodb to 10.2.2, unregister as versioned, enable archiving, oh, but 1st migrate the storage type to geometry.  Oh, and that little hint about adding the tag line of "offline-ready" to the Portal map before the Download button would show up on Collector on my Android device.  And then I have to figure out how to get my tile package on there.  So if I click download and use the tile package I get the Failed to Create Replica error.  If I try to use ESRI basemaps I get a different message - something about Unable to generate token, Invalid Username or Password.  For what?  I'm the db admin on the map services and db and I had to login with my credentials to view the feature service.  So what is this?  What other hoop do we have to jump through?  How do we actually get this stuff to work.  I wish it worked as easily as ArcGIS for Windows Mobile, which had syncing with usb.  Server 10.2.2, SQL 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2.

Tags (2)
25 Replies
KarenFolger

Restarted the old service and got the Enable ownership to check, but still failed.

0 Kudos
KarenFolger

It wasn't the schema of the original dataset since I exported that and used for the new database.

0 Kudos
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

G'day Karen

What happens if you copy and paste just the feature class you wish to edit?

0 Kudos
KarenFolger

Copy and paste where? To a new database?  I'm working with ESRI on a trouble ticket now so stay tuned - I don't want to have to debug the software in 2 places.

0 Kudos
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

A new feature class in the current database.

0 Kudos
KarenFolger

ESRI's "solution":

As we both could see, based on the error there are in fact Global IDs already added to the table, but for some reason the replication process does not see the Global IDs. I have concluded that this is a data specific error and what I did to work around the issue follows.

1) Export the feature class to a file geodatabase from the SQL database.

2) Delete the Global ID field from the feature class in the file geodatabase.

3) Import the feature class to the SQL database from the file geodatabase (taking in account any naming issues).

4) Enable Archiving on the newly imported feature class.

5) Add Global IDs on the newly imported feature class.

6) Publish the feature class as a feature service.

7) The new Web Map created downloaded successfully to the Android device.

I don't really see this as a solution, only a temporary workaround. I did not have to go to File Geodb for this to work.  I exported the schema XML and then imported into a new Feature class and loaded the data.  No change really in the GlobalID since it was in the original record it was in the Schema.  Republished the service on the new feature class and didn't even have to do anything to the Portal map.  Then it synced fine.  So I would say there is some problem in how ESRI is upgrading SQL databases since the "data specific error" is with the GlobalID's.  Maybe a GlobalID refresh?  Since it's not versioned anyway.  Not sure what the trouble is since I used all the original data.

0 Kudos