Exporting Data from Collector App

Jump to solution
11-12-2021 01:07 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Workflow

Users enter data to the Collector app. There is one feature layer and 4 related tables. This is in regards to homeless camps. The feature layer contains the address and other pertinent info about the camp. When users go to the camp, they can review the complaint and add additional information via the related tables. One specific table is the subjects table where users enter information regarding the subjects.

Exporting Data

1st Question: As a user, what is the best way to export data with related tables? Currently, I use the attribute widget which allows the user to export to excel. The feature layer and the related tables are all exported separately. In order to match the feature layer with the related tables, we then have to perform a join.
Is there a way to write code and join these prior to exporting, so when they export the user doesn't have to join them? Or any other ideas to export feature layer with related tables.

2nd Question: As a user, I would like to see where my subjects move around. The location is in the feature layer, but the subject information is in a related table. Ideally, as I enter the subjects ID number into the subject related table, I would like a list of the addresses to pop up that show where this subject has been to and highlight on the map. That's beyond my capability so for now, this is what I am thinking of doing.

Using the query widget, I access the subject related table, and query the ID, "ID is" then input data.

AnnettePoole1_1-1636751028855.png

After entering the number, I have the options below. Export to CSV file is nice, but it only provides me with information in the related table and the address is not in the table as that information is input to the feature layer. 

AnnettePoole1_0-1636750938267.png

The query works, I would just like to be able to also export the addresses from the feature layer with the ID, but I think the only solution is to export all layers and tables, then do join.

My question - is there a way to create a list from the ID field in a related table and tie it to the corresponding feature layers address field? The list would be something like this - ID, Address, Date. I feel without writing script, the query and join maybe my only way.

Open to other ideas. Thank you very much.

Annette

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User , Is your data in a database or is it a hosted feature layer? If hosted feature layer, you might be able to use arcade to add information to the related tables from the feature layer. If from a database, you can consider creating a database view that is a "flatfile" that will join up your feature layer information to the related table information in a single flat file layer that you can export. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

You typically do not use Collector to export data.  You would use ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap.  Collector is typically used to update data in a data base.

AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User , Is your data in a database or is it a hosted feature layer? If hosted feature layer, you might be able to use arcade to add information to the related tables from the feature layer. If from a database, you can consider creating a database view that is a "flatfile" that will join up your feature layer information to the related table information in a single flat file layer that you can export. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is a hosted feature layer.  It is the user that will be exporting data.  In this case, I added the attribute widget which allows the user to export the data. Thank you for your suggestions.

0 Kudos