Esri Collector fails to download basemap

Jump to solution
10-12-2015 01:37 AM
warrenroberts
Occasional Contributor II

I am attempting to download the basemap to work in Collector .. two options I have been looking.  The one below shows the error in the downloading to permit areas with no service.

2015-10-12_01-20-42.png2015-10-12_01-21-01.png2015-10-12_01-21-07.png2015-10-12_01-20-32.png

The second option I have attempted is creating a (file > Share As (in ArcMAP) to tile package but it does not show up on my list on the phone

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

For option 1, I think you met this issue: the host tile service is shared to public. If the host tile service is shared to Org only or Group only, it works fine.

For option 2, check this blog

Using your own Basemap layers with Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog

View solution in original post

4 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you enable the offline mode of this hosted tile layer? you can turn on this option by editing the layer.

see details here:

Take maps offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/android/create-maps/offline-map-prep.htm

If you want to save credits, you can build tiles on your own machine and create a tile package, and upload to AGOL, then publish a tile service.

Publish tiles—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Anyway, you need to enable offline editing to allow users to download the tiles.

warrenroberts

thanks!  was part of my problem in addition to the other item with tiles being shared publically .. currently they need to be in a group and not public until Esri can change this requirement

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

For option 1, I think you met this issue: the host tile service is shared to public. If the host tile service is shared to Org only or Group only, it works fine.

For option 2, check this blog

Using your own Basemap layers with Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog

warrenroberts

This was the main problem .. thanks  contacted Esri and they also said the problem was the tiles were public and must 1 be in a group .. and furthermore NOT public. And it worked. Thanks!!!

0 Kudos