Error while editing feature in Arc GIS Collector

09-14-2021 05:10 AM
Kantoor__DataCount_-_Verkeerso
New Contributor III

Goodafternoon everyone,

I'm having some issues with the Collector application, especcially while editing a feature. I created a map with different streets, which should be checked outside. The people who are working in the field are ready to add data to the feature.: 

Kantoor__DataCount__Verkeerso_0-1631615278232.png

But when selecting a feature, the map goes crazy and zoom into the coast of West-Africa: 

Kantoor__DataCount__Verkeerso_1-1631615388438.pngKantoor__DataCount__Verkeerso_2-1631615399880.png

This doesn't happen with every feature, but I think 50% of the times this happens. I don't have any feature which could possibly lay in the Gulf of Guinea. Furthermore I know if I tap on the GPS selector, I get back to my original location. But this wrong focus on the map happens too many times, which makes the work inefficient and you get a kind of annoyed... I work with the 20.2.2 version of the Collector application. 

Let me know if you know any bug/solution 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@Kantoor__DataCount_-_Verkeerso that location is the 0,0 origin of the web mercator coordinate system EPSG 3857. My guess is that your feature class has an incorrect feature class extent see this GP tool for recalculating https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/recalculate-feature-class-ex... 

Alternatively, if you're working with a blank feature class, then check the coordinate system to ensure you're using the correct projection transformation?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
Kantoor__DataCount_-_Verkeerso
New Contributor III

@David_Brooks  Thanks for your answer to my question.

Unfortunately we are not able to run the recalculate feature class tool. I think the problem is within the custom vector basemap i use during the projects. All the features holds the Dutch coordinate system (RD New), but the basemap holds the Mercator coordinate system. 

Kantoor__DataCount__Verkeerso_0-1631782327346.png

Do you have any idea how I can change the coordinate system of the custom made basemap? Thanks already for your knowledge and time!

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@Kantoor__DataCount_-_Verkeerso firstly, whatever basemap you put in your web map will define the coordinate system of the web map.

So if you add data in another coordinate system, AGOL will pick an appropriate transformation to convert your Dutch system into web mercator.

It might be that AGOL doesn't have an appropriate transformation available? You can confirm this by adding the web map into an ArcGIS Pro project and inspectoing the properties to see what transformation has been applied. You can also change the transformation of the web map here if required.

If you have a custom vector tile basemap and want to change the coordinate system to match you vector data, then you'll need to build a fresh vector tile package, as you can't project them to a new CRS as far as I'm aware. (they can project on the fly in desktop apps, but that doesn't help you online).

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/create-vector-tile-package.h...

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos