Error occurred while synchronizing edits: No permission to sync replica.

11-05-2019 04:43 PM
MichaelMatson
New Contributor II

I am trying to sync the points I collected in my map on collector to my ArcGIS online map.  However, I get the error:

"An error occurred while synchronizing edits.

Service = [long website],

Unable to synchronize replica.,

No permission to sync replica.

{long string of letters and numbers}"

As far as I can tell, I have not published this map in any different manner than other maps which synchronize just fine, though I am not sure how true that really is.  My map has 11 point and 1 polygon layers.  Only one point layer was edited, as in points taken.

The closest related question I can find is here, but I don't understand how to implement this fix.  I also don't really understand what a "replica" is in my case.  I am the creator and only user of this map, though it was published to my organization and to the public.  

Since these points are only existing on my local (Android) storage, I cannot delete this map or I will lose everything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Michael Matson‌,

I know this post is a little old but I wanted to follow up with some suggestions. Is the service you are trying to synchronize an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service?

I understand you created to web map, do you also own the feature service? Have any changes been made to the feature service (e.g schema changes) while the data was offline?

I've provided an technical article below which describe how to recover your offline edits from your android device.

How To: Access offline edits from Collector for ArcGIS directly from an Android or iOS device

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos