Error code 10012: failed to load hosted feature layer in Collector

06-20-2019 04:52 AM
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

I am getting an error message when trying to load an ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer to one of my web maps in Collector. The layer was created using one of the Analysis Tools, specifically the Derive New Locations. The layer displays fine in my map when opening it in ArcGIS Online, but fails to load in Collector. I'm wondering if anybody has seen this before. I did a quick search on the error code 10012 but couldn't find much on it. I've attached a screenshot of the error description. 

Thanks in advance. 

Alina 

4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alina,

> I am getting an error message when trying to load an ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer to one of my web maps in Collector. ... error code 10012 

This looks to be an issue with the internal ArcGIS Runtime libraries,

Platform error codes—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers 

Unfortunately, this might be a bug. Can you please contact esri Tech Support and open an issue?

Hope this helps,

AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Derek, I will do that.

Alina 

0 Kudos
ZacharyO
New Contributor III

Having the exact same problem for a a CB cleaning map, too. Spent hours on phone with ESRI support with no solution found. We ended up having to edit both a "cleaning status" field in the CB layer to drive the symbology and then also add and edit a related record in the cleaning/inspection form.  Would be nice if we could just symbolize the most recent inspection record on the join layer in collector!

0 Kudos
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

Tech support was not able to find a solution to this. My workaround was to save the analysis result as a stand alone hosted feature layer (I used Extract) Then I added this new layer to the map and this worked in Collector. It was not ideal, as this was now a static layer which needed to be recreated every day. It served my purpose but I agree with you, would love to see a solution to this!  

0 Kudos