Error - "Unfortunately, Collector has stopped."

03-17-2014 12:23 PM
MichaelSimmons
New Contributor
Hi all,

We have been using Collector for more than 2 weeks to gather data on both Android and iOS operating systems.  We have not changed the Feature Service or the Map Service (i.e. no schema changes, etc.).  This morning, when attempting to collect data, we are receiving a message on our Android tablets that states"Unfortunately, Collector has stopped."  Our iOS phones can continue operating normally.

This appears to be related to the Android system.  Has there been any sort of updates to Collector that may be affecting its operation in Android?  Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Mike,
I too have had this problem with my Android smartphones using ArcGIS Collector 10.2. I'm not sure what the cause is but the best way to get back up on your feet is to restart the device or to kill the app manually under your application manager. This usually seemed to get me back up and running.
Have you been using the offline capabilities now available in 10.2.2(released last week) or are you using 10.2?
I have a hunch this problem is related to quality of mobile data coverage and in combination with moving between multiple data towers.

Cheers,
John Nelson
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
What type of tablet are you using? When does the error message popup up? If possible can you share your map with me and I can check it out and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
SeanTondre
New Contributor
I was having a similar issue on Android and it resulted in the following logged bug [#NIM100278  Collector for Android crashes when attempting to add a feature to an ArcGIS Server feature service if the service's "Allow Geometry Updates" property is disabled. ].

As a workaround, I found that as long as I have at least one collectible feature within my project with the above property enabled I am able to collect any feature without issue.
0 Kudos