Editing Related Tables in Collector

02-04-2015 07:13 AM
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

Anybody editing related tables in Collector?  The feature was just released in Collector for Android.  I'm still waiting for it to be released for iPad before I make any changes to the schema I have set up in my web maps.  I'm curious if anyone is using this feature and how they have it setup.  Is it seamless to access and edit the related tables?  Is it cumbersome or confusing for collector users?  Are many to many relationships possible?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
40 Replies
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

This doesn't sound like the same issue but thanks for the reply. I am using Android actually (haven't tested in iOS yet) and I get the crash as soon as I try to view the fields of a feature that has a relationship. I am unable to even try to edit.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If the issue you are seeing is related to using a secured ArcGIS Server service and related records this issue has been fixed and will be in the upcoming update which is the team is working on right now which should come out soon.

EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Russell.

I am using secure services.  Do you have a timetable on when the next update will be?  Ballpark?  We were ready to roll out our new collection process and this is the only hold up.  I'd like to know if I should wait or find a work-around of some kind.

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

the release on iOS and Android should be out early June.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Russell,

I have a web map with a feature layer (SDE) + relationship class 1 M established. I can  edit in ArcGIS online the parent table. But cannot see the related table in ArcGIS collector  or edit.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you see the related tables in the popup for the features with the relationship? Does your table have popups enabled?

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works now. I called ESRI to help me with this and we followed these steps:

1. As mentioned create a GlobalID and GUID

2. join the two tables to relate in order to calculate the GUID field with the GlobalID values

3. Relate GlobalID and GUID fields

4. Publish the service.

The main problem I had was that I was not too sure how to relate globalID and GUID. the join solved it for me.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
MasonBailie
New Contributor III

Russell Roberts‌ thank you for your answer to this question as everything works for me now after enabling the popup. Are there going to be any examples in the future on how to make related tables work? I searched for quite a while before going to the forums (probably my first mistake). Thanks for your help Russell!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup, we are working on a blog covering the steps on how to get your map & data setup related records along with some tips.  I'll post a link to the blog in this forum when its published.

Russ

NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for all the great information.  Sounds like it is getting there and some of you are already using it.  I'll look forward to the Blog post coming out.

0 Kudos