Editing line vertices in Collector 10.2.2

03-21-2014 11:07 AM
PaulLandry
New Contributor
I'm just getting started using Collector and downloaded version 10.2.2 which is supposed to allow users to edit line features. I've tried to do this with a test map. I can't figure out how to enter an edit mode that shows the vertices of a line so I can move them. Does anyone know how to do this?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Here is how you can update a feature:
http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/android/collect-data/update-a-feature.htm

If you want to move a vertices in the line you can tap on it and it will change color to red and then tap anywhere else on the map to move it. On Android you can drag that vertices around.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Russ
0 Kudos
PaulLandry
New Contributor
Russ,
Thanks for responding.
I was able to follow your directions and it worked, but strangely, when I tap to select the line, Collector selects it then pans the map about 3 miles southwest. I then have to navigate back to where I was to continue editing. Is that a problem with the Android version?
0 Kudos
PaulLandry
New Contributor
Russ,
After watching how Collector pans 3 miles southwest, I realized something:
If I were to draw an imaginary box that encompasses the line I am editing, tapping the map to select it pans the map to the center of that imaginary box. Does that make sense?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I have not seen this problem on Android before we will pan and zoom to features if you use the feature action but I have not seen the map change extents like that before.

Russ
0 Kudos