Edit Collector Pop-up Ribbon Attributes

01-14-2014 01:25 PM
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III
This App is working great for my departments needs! My hat is off to the development team. I have another little issue though. Is there a way to edit what is displayed in the attribute ribbon at the bottom of the screen when you select an item? Refer to attached picture. Can I select a certain field to be displayed for either title or sub title? I've been able to customize the title for the full pop-up using the edit pop-up tool in AGOL, but I cannot get it to change on the collector pop-up ribbon.

Thanks,

John
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The subtitle can be changed. That is the Display Field coming from the service REST endpoint. In Desktop you can set your display field under the layer properties in the Display tab and set the field in Display Expression. This field will then show up as the subtitle on the results container.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
That worked! Thanks. I would also like the expression to have multiple fields displayed to look like "HOUSENUM PURCHASERNAME". The second screenshot shows the display expression I used and the first the result when I use collector. Im looking at the Parser Language...  but I'm weak with VB and Python. Any thoughts?

John
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
When you publish up a feature service what do you see under the Display Field in the REST endpoint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30530[/ATTACH]

Update:
The REST API does not support Display Expression. So you can only use one display field.
Russ
0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
I only see HOUSENUM.
0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
Ah ok. Well at least now I know. Thanks Russ!

Cheers
John
0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
Ok, one more wild hair on this. 🙂
What if I made a field that would concatenate the two fields in the desired format and then point the Display Expression at that single field containing the combined attributes... is there a way to automate concatenating two fields whenever a new record is created? I know you can manually do this with field calculator in Desktop, but that seems a bit time consuming if you have to pull the FGDB down, use field calculator, and then upload it again every time the field crew gathers new records.

John
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Ya you would have to use the field calculator and automate it in some way to do it in the database level.

Russ
0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
Ok, I'll check back if I have any breakthroughs with that bit.
Thanks again.

John
0 Kudos
SeanTondre
New Contributor
I'm using Collector on an Android tablet.  When I select a feature within the map is there a way to automatically display the AGOL configured popup title without having to "show details"?  It currently shows the map service name as the header with the REST Display Field below.  Thanks!
0 Kudos