Select to view content in your preferred language

Downloading maps for offline editing

08-11-2015 08:19 AM
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I have a my map enabled for offline use and am currently in the process of creating a aerial tpkl to be sideloaded into an ipad for a basemap. While the tpk is being created I am testing the general functionality of offline editing in collector and am receiving an error approximately mid way through the download. I am currently using an ESRI basemap from AGOL. In an attempt to find a consistent error pattern it seems no matter the "work area" or "map detail" an error occurs. I originally received "the request has timed out" however now I receive "Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache".

This seems like a basemap error/issue does one think it will persist with my own tpk?

Do I have to select a work area and map detail when using my tpk? Field editors will need the entire aerial not just sections

0 Kudos
63 Replies
MattReeves
New Contributor III

Afternoon Alan,

We are still having issues over here at Spokane County. The error message is different, but still the result is we cannot pull basemaps offline through the Collector application.

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear that!  Do you have a support ticket open?  I think that would probably be the easiest way to troubleshoot this issue.  In all of our other tech support cases, users were reporting the same error ("Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache") and several of them have since confirmed the issue is resolved for them.  Frank was actually the only report I've seen of the "timeout" error.  

I've just checked on my own device and I can download, so I think we might need to get an analyst involved to help isolate what's different from our environments.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

I'm marking this post as assumed answered as there are no current issues bringing taking services offline.

If an issue comes up again, please check https://status.arcgis.com to see if its a known issue. If it isn't noted, report the issue to support services, reply to this post, or start a new one and feel free to tag myself, Alan Rex‌, Stephanie Wendel‌ or Katie Cullen

Thanks,

Kelly

AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

I just wanted to add a quick amendment to the comment above, relevant to more than just this specific issue: even if an issue is reported on https://status.arcgis.com feel free to create a support case or post to GeoNet.  If it’s on the Status page that means we’re aware of the issue and working on it, but it’s always helpful to hear from you if there is an issue impacting your work.