Downloading maps for offline editing

08-11-2015 08:19 AM
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I have a my map enabled for offline use and am currently in the process of creating a aerial tpkl to be sideloaded into an ipad for a basemap. While the tpk is being created I am testing the general functionality of offline editing in collector and am receiving an error approximately mid way through the download. I am currently using an ESRI basemap from AGOL. In an attempt to find a consistent error pattern it seems no matter the "work area" or "map detail" an error occurs. I originally received "the request has timed out" however now I receive "Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache".

This seems like a basemap error/issue does one think it will persist with my own tpk?

Do I have to select a work area and map detail when using my tpk? Field editors will need the entire aerial not just sections

0 Kudos
63 Replies
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Piotr Piech​ and Annina Rupe​ can you test the downloading again? We believe everything should be sorted out and working again. Thanks!

0 Kudos
PiotrPiech
New Contributor II

Sure !No problem ! Give me 10 minutes !

P

--

Piotr Piech

GISonLine

<http://www.GISonLine.pl> www.GISonLine.pl

<mailto:tomasz.gacek@gisonline.pl> piotr.piech@gisonline.pl

tel: + 48 12 350 60 74

mobile: + 48 607 614 197

StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Thanks Piotr! Keep me posted! Thanks!

0 Kudos
PiotrPiech
New Contributor II

All works fine !!!! Thanks very much for you support !!!!

P

--

Piotr Piech

GISonLine

0 Kudos
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Great!! You're welcome, Piotr! Have a wonderful weekend!

0 Kudos
PiotrPiech
New Contributor II

Thank you very much !!! Have a great weekend as well J

--

Piotr Piech

GISonLine

0 Kudos
deleted-user-wgzH2d-p_0_f
New Contributor III

Everyone in my office can download--still waiting to hear about our Michigan office, but I'm hopeful!  I'll post again if it doesn't work there.  Thanks for your help, Stephanie!

StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

You're welcome! Glad to hear its working for you too! Keep us posted if it does continue to fail! Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndyZimmerman
New Contributor II

same issue here.  reading through the thread it seems like something on Esri's side that keeps getting "fixed" then breaks again. Anything i can do on my end or do i just have to wait until it is resolved on your side?  i'm trying to conduct a training and need to download to our devices.

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Andy,

I was able to reproduce the issue.  I contacted our basemaps team and the issue is now resolved (at least from my testing).  Please let us know if you see any further issues, and thank you for bringing this to our attention!