Downloading maps for offline editing

08-11-2015 08:19 AM
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I have a my map enabled for offline use and am currently in the process of creating a aerial tpkl to be sideloaded into an ipad for a basemap. While the tpk is being created I am testing the general functionality of offline editing in collector and am receiving an error approximately mid way through the download. I am currently using an ESRI basemap from AGOL. In an attempt to find a consistent error pattern it seems no matter the "work area" or "map detail" an error occurs. I originally received "the request has timed out" however now I receive "Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache".

This seems like a basemap error/issue does one think it will persist with my own tpk?

Do I have to select a work area and map detail when using my tpk? Field editors will need the entire aerial not just sections

0 Kudos
63 Replies
AlexChiu
New Contributor II

Hi Peter, we're aware of the this issue at Esri UK . We're working with Esri Inc to try and get this resolved.

It appears that the basemaps is working Offline OK in IOS but not in Android.

DavidPhillips3
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly

It seems this problem may still be persisting in some cases. I have encountered the same error message "error performing submit job operation for export tiles on export cache", when trying to download this Web Map to collector for offline use: http://arcg.is/1F7KPfX

I am using Collector version 10.3.3 on Android. I have tried using the ESRI 'topographic' and 'streets' basemaps, but recieve the same error. I am in Australia. I will look into loading my own .tpk for now.

0 Kudos
JohnGreen
New Contributor II

I am getting : Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache.  I am trying to download maps from our online account I have tried 2 different maps on two different Android devices.

0 Kudos
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Hi John and David!

We had some issues with the http://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com services. The export issue should now be resolved. Can you please try your workflows again?. The team will be posting a message to status.arcgis.com shortly.

Thanks!

Stephanie

JohnGreen
New Contributor II

Hey Stephanie:

The download seems to be working well now.  Thanks!

StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

You're welcome, John!

0 Kudos
DavidPhillips3
New Contributor II

Thanks Stephanie! Mine is also working again now.

0 Kudos
PiotrPiech
New Contributor II

Hello,

We're facing the same issues with service   http://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer
while exporting tiles we receive Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache.

We checked health but everything is green.

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard

0 Kudos
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

same here, we receive "error performing submit job operation for export tiles on export cache."

I tried both the AGOL imagery and topo basemap and both give the above error.

ESRI, please advise. thanks.

EDIT:

I removed the ESRI topo basemap and added a cached map service from our 10.3.1 server as the basemap and the download in Collector worked fine.

0 Kudos
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Esri Support has received reports of this as well. The appropriate team has been notified and is looking into the problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos