Downloading map to iOS device gets to about 80% and then just hangs

04-17-2014 12:23 AM
DominiqueBerger
New Contributor II
Hi guys

I am having an issue where I try to download a map to use with offline editing on my iPhone (and iPad mini). It starts to download perfectly fine and then gets to about 80% and just hangs. I have left it running over night but it is still in the exact same spot the next day. I have tried it over celleuar and wi-fi.

I am using my own feature service (just two points in it) and the Esri Imagery tiled map. The estimated download size when I set it to download was less than 5MB.

Has anyone got any suggestions about a step I might be missing or if they have run into this before?

Thanks very much

Dominique

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33156[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DominiqueBerger
New Contributor II
Just to add some more information - if I have a look at my iPad through Itunes I can see that the basemap appears to be on there but it is still in download mode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33157[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Dominique
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Do you know roughly how large is your dataset that you are downloading?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
DominiqueBerger
New Contributor II
Do you know roughly how large is your dataset that you are downloading?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ

Thanks for your reply. I have tried quite a few times with different size dataset, but I have tried mainly with little datasets (it says < 5MB when I am selecting the work area).

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

Dominique
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using ArcGIS Server feature services or hosted feature services? Have you seen this failure on other wifi or cell networks?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
DominiqueBerger
New Contributor II
Are you using ArcGIS Server feature services or hosted feature services? Have you seen this failure on other wifi or cell networks?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ,

I am using an ArcGIS Server feature service. It contains just a few test points.  I have tried it using our company wi-fi, 3G and 4G cellular networks as well (two different carriers) and it still has the same behavior. 

It works perfectly in a connected environment, however we can't download it to take offline. Any further assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks Russ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33239[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using server 10.2.2?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
DominiqueBerger
New Contributor II
Are you using server 10.2.2?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ

Yep we are using 10.2.2.

Last week I federated our server and set up a hosting database. I have used those to create a hosted feature service, which does download onto the device. However I still cant get just an ArcGIS Server feature service to work.

Thanks

Dominique
0 Kudos