Downloading All Collector Photo Attachments?

06-19-2018 06:59 PM
AnnieEicher
New Contributor

Is there a way to move all of the photos taken on an iPad in Collector to the photo library either on the iPad or desktop? I know you can download them one at a time, but it would be really nice to be able to download them all at once. I'd like to be able to scroll through the thumbnails to find what I'm looking for and make a zipped folder as backup or to send to people who do not use ArcGIS online, etc.  Thanks!

7 Replies
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

In answering this question I'm assuming your photos are in #agol

You'll need to download the data from #agol to a local fgdb, then run this python.‌

Hope this helps.

SSISC_FieldCrew
New Contributor III

Thank you so much Josh Schwartz‌. I followed the steps to use the python script and it worked perfectly. It was really quick and easy to use as well. Cheers!

0 Kudos
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR

Glad to help

0 Kudos
deleted-user-ioozWOYc0nD1
New Contributor II

I used this script and it worked, but it didn't export the EXIF tags, so I can't used the Geotagged Photos to Points tool because there is no location data. I just want to be able to click on a point and launch a hyperlink to the photo. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
BugPie
by

Perhaps you can already do that once you download the fgdb. Inherently the points in that gdb will be related to the photos still. Load the points into your desktop app and click to see the attached photo. There should be no need to run the photo to point since that relation already exists. Just  thought. 

Cheers 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-ioozWOYc0nD1
New Contributor II

Thanks Collin Johnston that works. I just had to fiddle with the html, hyperlink and popup controls.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My script posted here  does keep the EXIF (I just checked).   I am not seeing a difference really so not sure why.  What device is taking the photos?

https://community.esri.com/thread/232495-associating-batch-downloaded-photos-from-survey123-to-certa... 

0 Kudos