Does ArcGIS Collector support portal log-in using SAML

08-16-2015 04:44 PM
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have a customer who intends to use ArcGIS for Collector for information collection using maps in ArcGIS Portal. Client is configuring portal with SAML identity provider and wants to know if Collector can work with it or does it require built-in log-ins.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Vish

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JonSatchwell1
New Contributor II

Hi Vish, Did you ever get any further info on this?

0 Kudos
DanHuber
New Contributor III

Collector for iOS is able to utilize SAML authentication configured with your Portal. 

I am not sure about Android, but I know the newly released Windows 10 Collector application does not unfortunately.

DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan-

Can you provide some information about SAML not working in Collector for Windows 10?  This should be working/supported. What version of Portal for ArcGIS are you currently running into issues against?

-Doug

DanHuber
New Contributor III

Doug,

We have Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 setup in a public test environment.   When you are asked by Collector for ArcGIS in Windows 10 to sign in to a Portal, you are only given a username / password challenge after you provide your Portal URL.    In the iOS version (and I presume Android), you are provided the Portal's OAuth page challenge where you have the option to select your SAML provider or a local built-in sign in.   

Message me directly if you would like to test against our URL.

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Dan, 

We are currently moving over to SAML authentication to use with Survey123.  Is there anything specific you did for it work work properly.  

In our old environment we were using IWA and we were able to connect to our federated portal successfully through the fully qualified domain.  

Our new environment is set up the same, except for the addition of SAML authentication.  Do you have any advice for setting that up?  We are unable to connect via S123-Connect or S123 using the fully qualified domain or the web adaptor. 

Our datastore and federation are both working properly in the new env. with SAML.

Thanks.

Also, were you able to find documentation on SAML and S123?  We were not, only vague mentions that is has been done.

0 Kudos
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

We use SAML with both ArcGIS Online and on-premise Portals, in our case we are using Shibboleth as our identify provider. We have not had any login issues with the current versions of Collector on any of the three platforms, iOS, Android, or Windows.

JacobBoyle

We've used SAML authentication against Portal for some time, Collector, Survey123 and Explorer all work fine from Android and iOS.

We have not used any Windows Mobile 10 products yet.

TL2
by

Jacob, 

We are currently moving over to SAML authentication to use with Survey123.  Is there anything specific you did for it work work properly.  

In our old environment we were using IWA and we were able to connect to our federated portal successfully through the fully qualified domain.  

Our new environment is set up the same, except for the addition of SAML authentication.  Do you have any advice for setting that up?  We are unable to connect via S123-Connect or S123 using the fully qualified domain or the web adaptor. 

Our datastore and federation are both working properly in the new env. with SAML.

Thanks.

Also, were you able to find documentation on SAML and S123?  We were not, only vague mentions that is has been done.

0 Kudos
JonSatchwell1
New Contributor II

All, thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated

0 Kudos