Do an iPad or Android HAVE TO use the actual time a point is added?

09-04-2014 10:45 AM
AndyRothwell
New Contributor II

I have a field in my Feature Service for an inspector to put in the date of collection (note: I know you can have it do that with editor tracking, I have that set up as well).  In the REST Directory, the field looks like this: FIRInspectionDate ( type: esriFieldTypeDate , alias: FIRInspectionDate , editable: true , nullable: true , length: 36 ).  The database is SqlServer, and there the field type is "datetime".  An inspector only puts the date in.  But, unfortunately, the time gets stored in the database as well.

I'm on the US East Coast, so whatever time is put in, it is stored in the database as 4 hours later (UTC time).  If a point is put in after 8 pm, and you put down Sept. 4 as the date, it will say Sept 4 in the popup window of the Collector App - but it will store the date as Sept 5, early hours of the morning in the database.

Note: If I put a point in through the map at arcgis.com, and put in Sept. 4, it doesn't matter what time of day it is, the database will say Sept 4, 4 am.  So it is thinks it is midnight on the date I put down, and it therefore always gets the date right.  How do I dismantle the connection between the clock in an ipad or my android phone, so that it thinks it is midnight so at least it always thinks the point is going in at 4am on the correct day when I use those devices?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndyRothwell
New Contributor II

Now I see where I can put the time in on my Android.  So it is just the iPad version where I am stuck sometimes getting points to have the following day in the database.

0 Kudos