Display Field Not Honoured in New Collector (Aurora)

04-17-2019 11:51 PM
WengNg1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've been struggling to get the display field (the one underneath the popup title when selecting a feature) to change on the new Collector (Aurora). I successfully updated the definition via REST and tested it on both Collector (Aurora) and Collector (Classic).

I can confirm that Collector (Classic) is showing the information correctly but not Collector (Aurora). 

The display field is particularly important in our workflow due to the amount of information we can show on screen.

Regards,

Weng

Tags (2)
4 Replies
WengNg1
New Contributor III

Just bumping this up to see if anyone else is having the same problem?

When you tap on a feature in Collector, the label underneath the popup-title is set to weird fields (lat/longs for points)

and area value for polygons. Previously on Collector (Classic) , I can change this field by modifying the display field before publishing the feature service.

The new Collector doesn't seem to be honouring this field.

0 Kudos
JohanLagerkvist
New Contributor II

We have the same problem.

The New Collector (Aurora) won't show the display field in the pop up information window on row two, below the "headline". It only shows coordinates. The Collector Classic shows the display field (as stated in the mxd and feature service).

Our collector consumes services from our own arcgis server which is v. 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
WengNg1
New Contributor III

I've contacted ESRI Support and they have logged this as a bug :

BUG-000123907: Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) fails to display the Disp.. 

Hopefully a fix is on the way in the next version .

0 Kudos
WengNg1
New Contributor III

ESRI has just updated BUG-000123907: Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) fails to display the Disp.. and indicated that the Display Field expression will no longer be used when displaying features on the subtitle. 

That is rather unfortunate as it does restrict the amount of information that can be displayed. Lat/Longs or polygon area isn't the most useful piece of information that can be shown in our workflow.

0 Kudos