Create Replica Failed

Jump to solution
03-21-2014 06:46 AM
TysonJohnston
Occasional Contributor
We are in the early stages of testing Collector 10.2.2 on iOS 7.1.

It was a bummer to learn that offline editing cannot be done with versioned datasets (We use the "Create Local Copy for Editing" from a feature service desktop editing model).

The ArcSDE/SQL Server geodatabase which our data is based on is versioned. We created a two-way replica and unregistered the data so it was no longer versioned in the replica, then enabled archiving. We published a service with "Sync" enabled and set up the map on ArcGIS Online.

On the mobile device, the map will download about 3/4 of the way and fail saying that "The operation couldn't be completed. Failed to create replica. Editor tracking fields must be visible. Failed to create replica. Editor tracking fields must be visible." We fixed this issue and republished the service on which the map is based.

Now, we just get the error "Failed to create replica."

Any ideas?
Tags (2)
27 Replies
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hi NicolasGIS,

Can you point me to where in the ArcGIS Documentation this is (that replicas can't be created when indexed attributes are hidden)? I suspect this is the issue I am seeing but don't see where in the documentation this is described.

Thanks,

Micah 

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Hi Micah,

I did not find it in the documentation.

I did some tests with and without an indexed field and it failed without the indexed field but worked with !

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

i think this will happen when you have the service set to download by map instead of by user. When you download to say collector and it is by map you will get a version for each download. if you set it to download by user then it will be by the security users at server level. Ex. no security on service will be an anonymous(service name). if you add security version will be by that name: Robert(service name) . These will need to be managed. Reconcile/posted to default. Hope its working. I trudged through this late last year. it was dreadful, but now it is working slick. there are just so many things to consider.

RobertKirkwood

Thanks for the information. I think it is getting closer. I set the service to be for "User" this time when i published. I am still getting the same 2 errors in the Logs. The service folder is open to public and so is the site root. I am going to the developers summit in Palm Springs so maybe i can let someone see exactly what i am doing.

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

i ran across this again and was thinking if you didn't find a solution anyway. I had issues downloading replicas at first and it was security on the arcgisserver folder on the server. it needed the arcgis user added. 

RobertKirkwood

Thanks Hillary. We did get it going and it was the same issue you described. 

0 Kudos
ChrisRobinsonCOF
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I think I am having the same issue where when trying to download a map for offline use when I am presented with an error "The Map "Map Name" failed to download with the message: Failed to create replica.".  This map resides on ArcGIS online and consumes one feature service that is running on my local ArcGIS Server (version 10.3).  The feature class has attachments and are tied to the attachments via a relationship class using a GlobalID field.  

What I have tried so far:

•  Originally the data set the layer resided in was versioned but with the option to move edits to base enabled.  I came across a workaround that said to unregister the dataset as versioned, re-register as versioned but this time uncheck the option to move edits to base.  I did this and still received the error.
  • I then tried the second option in the workaround where you unregister the dataset as versioned and enable archiving.  This also produces the same error.
  •  I have granted our ArcGIS service account rights to the arcgisserver folder (full permissions) and I still receive the error.

When logging into the server manager and checking out the logs there is this error which I am guessing is the culprit but I am unsure what to do to rectify it:

SEVEREAug 25, 2016, 4:47:39 PMError: Insufficient permissions [{server}.dbo.GDB_Items].System/SyncTools.GPServer

Both the ArcGIS service account and the account I am using to log into collector with (We're using AD FS ) have full permissions to the dataset the layer is in as well as the attachments table.  Does anyone have any input on what account needs what permissions for the GDB_items table?

Thank you in advance,

Chris

ChrisRobinsonCOF
New Contributor III

Just wanted to give an update on this issue I had.  I had to grant db_datareader and db_datawriter permissions to my ArcGIS Server Service account.  Once this was done I was able to download, edit and sync my locally hosted feature service.