collector won't download data

Jump to solution
04-20-2014 06:47 PM
JonathanAtienza
New Contributor II
Hi!

i'm using the new collector but i can't download the data,there is always a prompt showing that the service cannot be exported but all of my services are sync enabled and the web map that i used is already offline enabled as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33224[/ATTACH]

thank you in advance for the insights about this problem.

Regards,
Jonathan Atienza
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for ideas. Yes, I used Topographic basemap and it works. Thank you for advice.

Vladimir

Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using hosted feature services or ArcGIS Server feature services?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
JonathanAtienza
New Contributor II
hi russ,

actually i am using hosted feature services, i don't know if the internet connection can affect the download procedure.

thanks!
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share the service with me and I can take a look at it to see what the issue is?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dears,

have you solved this issue in the past? I met the same issue, with my hosted service: https://arcdatapraha3.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=327e2ee229c145abaa867eb009e5b186

Thank you.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Does your map work if you switch the basemap to the light grey canvas or imagery basemap and download it through the app.

Russ

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for ideas. Yes, I used Topographic basemap and it works. Thank you for advice.

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos
KateřinaUhlířová
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have a web map on AGOL where basemap and feature services are ArcGIS Server services all joined through https. I can see the project in Collector, on AGOL I have offline property enabled and when I try to download the project I get this message.

Did you resolve this problem?   

0 Kudos
KeaganAllan
New Contributor III

Hi did you resolve your issue?

I have been using the Collector since 2014 on both AGOL and Portal.

Here are a few tricks I use to troubleshoot:

1) Ensure the data has Global IDs

2) Where is the data hosted? If it is off a Server / Enterprise SDE ensure that the data is archive-able (if it is to be published to AGOL) or if it is to be published to Portal: Versioned;

3) Publish the data with Sync Enabled, don't enable syncing after publishing on AGOL or Portal - not sure if this does anything, I just find it works for me

4) Check the basemap you using. If it is AGOL then use the Basemaps as provided, if it is Portal then use the tiled mapping service...something like this "https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer" or follow the instructions here: Publish hosted tile layers—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

5) If you want to use custom basemaps, you will need to follow the instructions here: Using your own Basemap layers with Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog 

I find that if I follow these basic steps I get my data offline every time.

Hope that helps!

K

0 Kudos