Collector will not load map layers now

04-17-2014 11:42 AM
DominickCisson
Occasional Contributor
This was working before, but now I can't seem to get an ArcGS.com map to work.  When I setup an ArcGIS Online Map service with a few feature layers and a tiled aerial mapservice we are serving up it works fine in ArcGIS.com or in an online JavaScript API-based editor.  However, when I try to open up the map in Collector, every layer comes up separately with the same error:

"Unable to load layer : (The Layer URL) from (Our ArcGIS URL)... Illegal start of token [<]"

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DominickCisson
Occasional Contributor
This was working before, but now I can't seem to get an ArcGS.com map to work.  When I setup an ArcGIS Online Map service with a few feature layers and a tiled aerial mapservice we are serving up it works fine in ArcGIS.com or in an online JavaScript API-based editor.  However, when I try to open up the map in Collector, every layer comes up separately with the same error:

"Unable to load layer : (The Layer URL) from (Our ArcGIS URL)... Illegal start of token [<]"

Has anyone else run into this issue?

This turned out to be an internal issue on our end.  A few weeks after setting up our ArcGIS Server, another completely different server was setup in our network with the same external IP address.  That's never a good thing, and caused no end of mystery bugs until it was sorted out.
0 Kudos
FMGLGIS
New Contributor III

Hi Dominick,

We are experiencing the same problem.  It looks like our UAT and Prod ArcGIS Server external IP address are the same. A content switch is used to direct multiple fully qualified domain names to the respective back end server based on the hostname in the HTTP/HTTPS request.  We didn't think it would pose an issue unless ArcGIS collector uses the direct IP address?  Did you solve the issue by giving your ArcGIS Server a unique IP address?

Kind Regards

Alex

0 Kudos