Collector version 20.1.0 crashes when streaming line feature

04-30-2020 08:21 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have some users who have experienced repeated issues with Collector v. 20.1.0 crashing when they attempt to stream line features. They are using a Bad Elf GPS Pro+ w/ an iPad Mini 4 and an iPad Pro 10.5 inch. Within their Collector settings, Streaming is set to Distance, 30 feet.

Before they begin streaming their line feature, they make sure that there is an accuracy displayed at the top of their Collector map. We've checked other iPad settings and things seem to be correctly set up.

I have tested this same line feature layer on my iPad Pro (with Bad Elf Pro+) with no issues. The only difference is that my Streaming is set to Distance, 10 feet.

Also, all of this work occurs offline.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Erica

Erica
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewDewsnup
New Contributor

I'm having a very similiar issue. All android devices in my organization. Most current collector updates, using a Garmin Glo bluetooth gps. My guys are telling me the app is crashing frequently during line feature collections. The longer the treatment, the more likely it is to have crashed. Would love some troubleshooting steps to work through.

0 Kudos
KarlLoftis
New Contributor

Yep. Collector for ArcGIS is crashing on my iPad, 5th Gen Mini, most often when I am streaming while mapping a trail for work. Sometimes it shuts down when I'm trying to submit a completed, collected trail segment as well. All data is then lost, and I have to start over again. This is extremely frustrating. The interface on the iPad is much easier to use with different functions than the interface on my Android phone, but I can stream a line segment on the phone and submit segments on the Android device without any issues. I have deleted the app and restored it to the iPad a couple of times, but it continues to have crashing issues. I have also found the Collector Classic app available to download on the Apple App store. It's pretty basic, but I'm going to see if I get the same issues with it as with the new and somewhat improved and somewhat buggy new Collector app.

Good luck!

Karl

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Karl,

I actually opened a support case with Esri around this because it was such a painful experience for us. We did so many different rounds of testing. When the most recent version (20.2.2) was released, the problem seemed to go away and we were able to stream long line features without the program crashing. So, whatever was wrong seems to have been fixed. So far we've had good success! 

Erica

Erica